You've heard some things too...you know you have!

Please leave your comments about things "overheard!"







Thursday, March 18, 2010

Middle School Confidential

As I age, there are times I have come to appreciate my loud-rock-concert-ipod-played too loud hearing impairment because there are some things you don't want to hear. Particularly when people are talking about YOU or people YOU LOVE or people YOU USED TO LOVE and you realize - they are talking about me and they don't know I can hear! This happened to my ex-husband and I once as we waited to be audited by the IRS. The auditor was talking about us and our tax return and WE HEARD EVERYTHING. Any of you who know my ex-husband know that this worked to our advantage, as he manipulated and confused that situation so much that we not only paid them any more money but they sent us a $1,000 check to make us go away... and it should have been a sign for me that it was going to be one long ass convulted divorce proceeding.

But the saddest "overheard yet", was approaching the Middle School band bus to chaperone and hearing the girls who were out at PE talking about boys.

Middle School Girl 1: I can't believe you are going out with Tyler. He's so gross.
Middle School Girl 2: Well at least I'm not going out with a midget.

Middle School Girl 2 was my son's girlfriend and said Midget was my son!

Middle school was definitely bad the second time around. And the things you hear there are defintely not the things you want to hear. My condolences to Middle School parents everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment